Cai Be Princess Cruises
Description Bassac Cruise.
Enjoy the Mekong river on private cruises on board authentic sampans, explore the Mekong unseen paths cruising throughout the delta and its numerous zigzag canal systems.
In early 2004, Mekong Horizon Co., Ltd. has been a pioneer in offering new cruise paths together with high quality cruise standards.
The Mekong Horizon Co., Ltd’s head quarters based in Phu An - Cai Lay (next to Cai Be, Tien Giang Province). The Company operates cruises and related tours services in the Mekong Delta using its own built sampans, all stylishly designed and inspired by ancient authentic traditional Indochinese river boats.
Since June 2006, the Company has been operating its own-built restaurant named "Le Longanier", a beautiful two storey villa with authentic Indochinese architecture and style.
Sampan Cruises: Cai Be Princess (I, II, III, IV, V).
Cai Be Princess Features & Capacity :
- Minimum 30 people / Dimensions: 13m long x 2.8m wide / ideal for small groups or individual travelers
- Daily Private chartered cruises (no join-in) from 1 up to 3 days (with overnight at local houses).
Sampan Cruises: Mekong Princess (I & II).
Mekong Princess Features & Capacity :
Maximum 45 people / Dimensions: 15m long x 3m wide / ideal for groups, equipped with toilets on board.
- Daily Private chartered Cruises (special itineraries possible on request).
The Mekong Horizon has developed a range of products, activities and projects that have great result on local development that:
- Minimizes negative economic, environmental and social impacts.
- Generates economic benefits for local people, enhances the community and improves working conditions.
- Involves local people in the decision-making process.
- Contributes to the conservation of the environment and cultural heritage.
- Provides an enjoyable tourism experience and opportunity for tourists to meet locals.
- Provides tourists with a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues.
- Provides access for physically challenged tourists.
- Promotes respect between tourists and hosts, while building locals’ confidence.
- Today, the company operates an own-built flotilla of 11 boats with designs and styles reflecting true authentic ancient "sampans", using materials such as rattan, bamboo and exotic wood.
Related Tours From Cai Be Princess Cruises
Our one day private cruise excursion starts from Ho Chi Minh with a drive to Cai Be – Phu An where we will board the Cai Be Princess at around 10.00AM. Upon embarkation on Cai Be Princess junk boat, we are welcomed with fresh rolled cotton towels. The tour will start with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market. We will be proceed by the visit of some local home factories such as rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies, and longans drying processing.