Day 1: Hanoi – Halong (L, D).
Depart from Hanoi at 8.00 for a 3.5 hours drive to Halong City through the Red River Delta. Upon arrival, get on board of the Treasure Junk. Start cruising from Hon Gai pier to the boundaries of Halong bay while lunch with fresh seafood is served (vegetarian and kids menus available).
After lunch, just make yourself at ease and relax. We are slowly getting off the classic cruising routes, far from the clichés of a busy tourism spot. Limestone rock formations will parade around us for about 2 hours before our first stop.
We reach the perfect spot, remote and scenic, where the waters of Halong and Bai Tu Long hit and wave together. Let’s get ready for serious things. Swimming suits, ok. Kayaks and tender boat, ok. Paddles and gears, ok. Let’s get closer to the water and explore the bay in depth.
After one/one and a half hour kayaking, we get back on board to refresh and start the aperitif on the sundeck. Dinner is served either inside or outside depending on weather conditions. Overnight on board in a cozy air-conditioned cabin with en-suite bathroom facilities.
Day 2: Halong – Hanoi (B, L).
We will be back at the pier about 11am, and driven to Hanoi with an expected arrival time about 4pm. The day will be short so let’s wake up early to take the maximum of it.
Coffee, tea and cakes will be served from 6.30am. Wake up smoothly while witnessing the silence of beautiful misty bay. A 30-minute Tai Chi session will be organized, energize your body and soul or just allow yourself some farniente time on a sunbath with a cup of coffee.
About 7.45am, we hop on bamboo boats to go visiting a secluded floating village surrounded by the mountains. We spawn our way between numerous floating houses and small rowing boats that serve the everyday life as vehicle, itinerant shops, fishing utility, sometimes overnight shelter.
Back on treasure before 9am, we start cruising back to the pier. From 9.30am, a brunch will be served. Take a last glance at the rocks, standing still as the eternal guardians of a kingdom, we are about to reach the pier. Once on land, we sit in a small café to wait for our overland vehicle.
Tag : Treasure Junk Halong 2 Days
- Accommodation on Treasure Junk.
- Meals as specified in the program.
- Kayaks and safety gear.
- Tender boat.
- Travel in an appropriate air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced driver.
- The services of an experienced English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees.
- VAT and other taxes.
- Hotel in Hanoi for the last day.
- Beverages, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Individual insurance.
- - Tides and weather conditions may alter the times of meals and other activities.
- - In line with our responsible vision of tourism, please note that we do not include the most popular caves of the bay in our program. We consider that they are an insult to heritage preservation.
- - Tour program is subject to change without prior notice
- - For your convenience, and if you can arrange smaller backpacks, please leave your big suitcase at Handspan’s secure storage.
- - On the way to Halong and back to Hanoi, we will stop at a place with food, beverages and souvenirs for sale. This is not to trick you and that will be the only times of the whole trip you may feel in the tourism mass. But that is the only place on the way, where you, your driver and your guide can use clean toilets without being forced to buy anything. Thanks for your understanding.
- - Children under 4 years old is free of charge if no meal request. Baby cot is available for kids under 2 years old.
- - Children from 4 to 11 years old do not required extra bed rates above applied.
- - Children from 4 to 11 years old require extra bed in a cabin with 1 adult: 75% of adult rates.
- - Children from 4 to 11 years old require extra bed in a cabin with 2 adults: 50% of adult rates.
- - Maximum 1 child per superior cabin only.
- - In Suite room: maximum 2 children – one sharing bed with adult and 1 on extra bed is allowed. The 2nd child is 50% of adult charge.
Treasure Junk Halong infomation
Ha Long Bay (or Halong Bay) – a magnificent scenic spot located in Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam, is famous for its mountains, water, clouds, caves and grottoes. HaLong Bay is the center of a larger zone including Bai Tu Long to the northeast and Cat Ba islands to the southwest.
The Treasure is proactively acting for better cruising practices in the region. We are not organizing an environmental revolution (we would love to, but let’s be realistic for a while), but acting at our scale to minimize our social and environmental impact. We also raise awareness among clients, boat crew, local authorities and floating fellows from the archipelago.
Cruising on less traveled routes, hiring and training local people, buying exclusively local fresh products, organizing yearly clean up tours in the area, promoting the practice of kayak, supporting a big environmental project in Vong Vieng floating village, informing and giving advices to our clients, working in close collaboration with local authority on sustainable development issues, refusing to participate in spoiling the caves and other natural areas (the way some caves are exploited in Halong bay is an insult to nature preservation and a slur to visitors’ dignity)… are some of our actions and initiatives for a more responsible tourism.
The treasure Junk in Halong Bay is a one of a kind vessel in the whole Halong archipelago. Based on a solid structure and re-designed in a wooden junk style. It is stable, able to navigate in any seabed of the region and can easily face the rough if needed.
Its giant sails may come as a support to the engine if the winds are with us, they are part of the folklore and give a nice sensation of embracing the big outdoors.