Bai Tu Long Bay
Bai Tu Long is 60 km from Bai Chay and it situated in Ha Long commune, Van Don District, Quang Ninh Province. There are two new resorts here: Bai Tu Long resort and Quan Lan Resort.
Bai Tu Long Resort:
Located at the side of Xa Kep mountain, Bai Tu Long resort is known for its broad white sand beach stretching 2 km with amazingly clean and blue water. Bai Tu Long has become more and more attractive for its primitive beauty. You will feel surprised when you see house on stilts placing along coastline and ambulatory bar for drink service. A large-sized swimming reservoir has just been finished far beyond a sand dyke.
A lot of tasty seafood, especially fish named Song and Gio. From Gio fish, you can process to 12 different dishes such as fry, steam, grill, raw fish with vegetable and mustard…In addition, Sa Sung and Cu Ky are two species, that are only found in Bai Tu Long.
How to get there:
From Ha Long, you can get there by boat, start at Bai Chay boat station. It takes about 4 hours.
– Thien Thong Grotto, Phat Co island.
– Visiting mangrove park, Ban Sen village, Soi Nhu cave, Uyen Uong beach or you can go by motor-boat to Rong Doi bay.
– Visiting Cua Ong Temple, Van Don port- the oldest port in Viet Nam, Van Hoa, Van Yen port, from which you can go through forest to visit ethnic minorities villages of Tay , Dao Do, San Diu Groups.
Quan Lan Resort:
Visitors are attracted by a range of casuarinas stretching on seemingly endless expanses of sand dune. Besides Quan Lan beach, visitors also can come to other beaches such as Minh Chau, Ngoc Vung, Son Hao. The difference between Quan Lan and Bai Tu Long is that in Quan Lan, visitors will stay in a bungalow (9 rooms) situated under the range of casuarina or you can join in one big house on stilts.
– Temples, pagodas built under Ly dynasty.
– Ba Mun natural reserve, now it is called Bai Tu Long National Park.
– Fishing village on Minh Chau island, Cai Lang – the biggest ancient Vietnamese village on the island with Nang Tien well, of which the water is very clear and blue.
How to get there:
From Ha Long, you can get on tourism boat to Bai Tu long. It takes 3 hours and departs from Bai Chay boat station. From Bai Tu Long resort, you can cross the bay by high speed motor- boat to Quan Lan.