Cliff climbs add adventure to Dalat tour
KerenTaub and Alex Keagel from Israel got the buzz they wanted from their adventure tours in Dalat. Using ropes they had climbed down cliffs and the wet rock face of a waterfall, before diving into the icy cold pool at the base.
He said he was really nervous at the beginning of the adventure tour, but excitement had gradually taken over and he overcame his fears.
Most tourists feel the same way Taub and Keagel did, when they look at the vertical cliff face they have to climb down.
They feel slightly safer though, when the travel companies in Dalat give them a short course on basic climbing skills and prepare them for any mishaps on the way down.
Tran Tuan Hiep, a trainer from travel firm Highland Holiday, says it is important for people to know how to maintain their balance during the rope-assisted climb down, but it’s crucial that they know how to regain their stance if they slip. Abseiling is not as easy as it sounds.
Staying calm is the best advice for climbers, as it will help them think clearly if they encounter a problem.
At the end of the climb, as a kind of trophy for scaling the waterfall, participants are given shorts and a printed T-shirt.
A one-day cliff and waterfall adventure costs VND600, 000 (US$31.5) per person for a group of two to five guests and VND400, 000 (around US$21) per person for a group of at least six people. The price also covers transfers between hotel and the area where the adventure begins, and sandwiches for lunch.
- 11 – year – old interpreter
- Island development lures projects
- Tourists may trek to craft villages
- From Hue, a new tour to Tam Giang
- Central city to host international martial arts festival
- Golden age dawns for Vietnam’s two and three star hotels
- Rang bua cake – specialty of Hung Yen
- Tourism complex to cost $4.5 bil
- Far and away – Vietnam travel guide & information
- Elite Hanoi hotels reduce rack rates
- Poland helps conserve Hue’s historical stele
- War Remnants Museum ranked in the top 10 Most Popular Tourist Attractions
- More Vietnamese tourists return to Thailand
- Package tours are short on originality
- Museum exhibition recreates war life on the HCM Trail
- MICE tourists returning to HCM City
- ‘Hangin’ in Hanoi
- Son La Travel Guide & Information
- Binh Thuan to organize international yacht festival in October
- Spain to host “Dragon” concert in Hanoi