Scenario for grand ceremony of Hanoi millennium anniversary
A plan for a grand ceremony on the 1, 000th anniversary of Thang Long-Hanoi that has been submitted to the Government for approval will be one of the most glorious cultural and historical programmes in Vietnam’s history.
The event, which will take place from October 1-10, will include 30 cultural activities and festivals that aim to honour the
country’s historical and revolutionary values, said the plan’s author Nguyen Khac Phuc.
During the event, Hanoians and people across the country will be entertained with a music and symphony programme, a traditional dress (ao dai) show, a street festival, kite flying and a physical exercise performance given by 1, 000 old people.
The ceremony will include the debut of a book collection entitled “Thang Long-Hanoi – 1, 000 years of culture”, the inauguration of the Hanoi Museum and Uncle Ho statue and an awards ceremony for the international contest “Thang Long-Hanoi – your rendezvous”.
Following the opening ceremony of the event on October 1 will be a play called “Thang Long-Hanoi – Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh era”.
The play tells the story of the nation’s development since the August Revolution in 1945 with the participation of tens of thousands of people and the image of Uncle Ho reading the Declaration of Independence in Ba Dinh Square.
Other events, including the Government’s takeover of the city in October 10, 1954, Hanoi’s downing of US B52 planes, a Politburo meeting to initiate a massive offensive in 1975 and Hanoi’s construction and development process will be vividly manifested in the play.
- Cliff climbs add adventure to Dalat tour
- 11 – year – old interpreter
- Island development lures projects
- Tourists may trek to craft villages
- From Hue, a new tour to Tam Giang
- Central city to host international martial arts festival
- Golden age dawns for Vietnam’s two and three star hotels
- Rang bua cake – specialty of Hung Yen
- Tourism complex to cost $4.5 bil
- Far and away – Vietnam travel guide & information
- Elite Hanoi hotels reduce rack rates
- Poland helps conserve Hue’s historical stele
- War Remnants Museum ranked in the top 10 Most Popular Tourist Attractions
- More Vietnamese tourists return to Thailand
- Package tours are short on originality
- Museum exhibition recreates war life on the HCM Trail
- MICE tourists returning to HCM City
- ‘Hangin’ in Hanoi
- Son La Travel Guide & Information
- Binh Thuan to organize international yacht festival in October